Before hiring a DUI Lawyer in Northern Virginia, you need to understand the difference between a reputable attorney, and a “Plea Artist” that will gladly take your money and plead you guilty.
#1 Key Consideration
In most first-time DUI prosecutions in Northern Virginia where the blood alcohol content is lower than .14, you will eventually be given a choice:
1. Plead Guilty
2. Go to Trial and fight for the chance to be found “NOT GUILTY” or otherwise get the charge dismissed on a legal issue.
If you choose 1 above, YOU AUTOMATICALLY LOSE and you can expect to receive that “suspended” sentence.
If you choose 2 above, and GO TO TRIAL, your DUI Defense Attorney SHOULD do all the hard work necessary to expose and exploit legal issues.
5 Points Your DUI Attorney Should Investigate
1. Whether the police officer even had a justifiable reason to pull you over
2. Whether the police officer failed to conduct his DUI investigation properly
3. Whether the police officer failed to do EVERYTHING correctly at the police station when he tried obtaining a valid breath or blood test from you
4. Whether the police officer failed to fully comply with the numerous laws of Virginia at all times during his investigation and your arrest
5. Whether the police office violated any of your rights under the Virginia and United States Constitution
Key Characteristics Of An Experienced DUI Attorney
1. Proper preparation
2. Careful and skillful cross-examination
3. Knowledgeable arguments in your favor advanced by an experienced hard-working DUI Defense Attorney
How will you know that you hired the right DUI Attorney to avoid an unnecessary amount of long term pain and suffering?
It begins with the initial consultation. Does he ask you for specific details? Does he share with you the current law(s) that may apply to your case? Does he JUDGE you? Does he threaten you with terrible consequences and scare you with the “possibility” of “Jail”? Does he quote you a price BEFORE telling you what strategies he will use to win your case? At The NoVa Law Firm, we don’t scare you, judge you, or threaten you. WE DEFEND YOU.
For an experienced Fairfax DUI Attorney who will always pursue the best solution in your case, contact Eric E. Clingan at the NoVa Law Firm.